Monday, November 25, 2019

Carrabelle FL, waiting for weather window to cross the Gulf

We have gotten in Florida where it is common to to back into your slip due to short finger piers (docks) and that's the only way to get off Maggie Jo. We  are also getting into 2 ft tides, so we can tie Maggie Jo thight but sue long sgring lines that won't matter with the tide.  Also my experience with my dad and me being a part-time cowboy in North Dakota I have been roping the pylons from about 10 ft away (I usually miss a time or two).

Here you can see the short finger docks and we were beside TowBoatUS incase we need a tow, ha.

We are waiting in Carrabelle for a good weather window to cross part of the Gulf of Mexico down to the Tampa Bay area (170 miles, 20 hours, mostly at night).

No comments:

Post a Comment